Anjalee and me!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Killing Saturday

Well it's just us today, Anjalee and me.  Michael spent the night in San Fran with other Driscoll's employees on a team-building workshop, and I envy him getting an uninterrupted night's sleep in a comfy hotel bed :)  Last night was big for the little bubba, as I had a cake decorating class and left her in the capable hands of Cameo, our babysitter.  I came home to a happy baby ready for bed, which was pure bliss!

After she went to sleep I finished decorating the cake I spent most of the day baking, filling, and icing.  I was exhausted, but happy to have my first cake under my belt.  It's very cute, but I have a long way to go before I have a decent-looking cake I would feel comfortable selling. I think the cake itself, the classic yellow recipe from the King Arthur cookbook, and the homemade blueberry filling turned out very well. The final judgement will come tomorrow, as I'm giving the cake to Michael for Father's Day.


2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! And delicious.... I can say from experience that King Arthur has never led you astray. ;) If it's anything like like those chick cupcakes... Hope we get to enjoy one in person! XOXO

    ReplyDelete